Oliver obtained first class law degree from Oxford Brookes University and completed his Legal Practice Course with the University of Law in Guildford, achieving a Distinction. Oliver also holds Higher Rights of Audience and is qualified to undertake advocacy in the Senior Courts.
Oliver has dealt with companies ranging from local tradesmen to national subcontractors on projects worth millions of pounds. His work ranges from contract drafting and advise, to adjudication and high value litigation. Oliver’s recent work has included:
· Drafting new standard terms for a large stonework supplier and fitter so as to comply with current consumer legislation, and how to ensure its contract terms prevail.
· Obtaining adjudicator’s awards for over £100,000 for a large scaffolding company.
· Successfully obtained a judgment enforcing 3 adjudicator’s awards for over £250,000.
· Obtained an adjudicator’s award for a labour agency against a large contractor for unpaid fees.
· Defeating a claim for half a million pounds against a national brickwork contractor.
· Successfully defending an adjudication against a shopfitter for alleged defective work.
· Defeating a claim by a debt collection agency for its fees against our client.